Friday, September 29, 2006

bdays surfing and dogs‏


G´day me friends and family.

  So far no one has guessed the correct fake story from the last emails so i´ll tell you just incase you were wondering, it was the one aobut the mechanic shop, bubbles didn´t realy break
Here are a few more randome tales, read em if you want don´t if you don´t cooooo



Saturday sept 23, 2006
The big day was upon us!  It was Rachael´s 23rd birthday yipeee!!!  Woke up early, choppoed up shit tons of fresh fruit and went to the beach to  eat and open pressies.  Rachael got a new pai of razy orange and green Havainana thongs from me (that’s a flip flop for you Americans out there) and an awesome new fresh jive hoodie from padres.  Afterwards I directed Rachael in a  Model shoot on the beach showing off her new cloths.  Saving the nicest pressie for dinner time. 
            Went into town to pick up some butter and ice and then we were on the road heading south in search of a nice place to spend the rest of Rachaels bday.  A little over an hour later we foiund ourselves in Pascuales, a spot renound for big waves.  And it surely lived up to its name, the surf was fucking huge!!!  When I way huge I mean huge as shit, and not just huge but clean, offshore massive barrels like nothing we´d ever seen before, and it was a beach break.  I wanted to just paddle out but it looked rather dangerous!!  Watched in awh for a while and then met a gringo who lived in the town and showed us a restaurant we could camp at, all we had to do was eat there and we could park under a roof, right on the beach fro free!! Bonus!!  That was our kind of deal!!  Back to the surf: there were a bunch of hot shot spoiled stuckup pompus big wave cali surfers at the restaurant where we were parked so we struck up a conversation.  They just gotten out of the water, they´d been doing jetski tow-ins, and the ones that hadn´t been using the jetski had been using 7 foot 10 inch guns so that they could paddle into em.  They basically said that there was no way i´d ghet one on a 6 foot 3 inch piece of shit and that it would be insane to go out.  But what the shit was I going to do?  Watch the biggest barrels i´d ever seen go unridden? No, fuck no!  I had to at least try or id never know, and tomorrow id probably wake up cursing myself for pussing out.  Remember what Sue (my mother) always says, “quit beinbg a puss son and just fucking do it!”  The paddle out went fine, just happed in a big rip and was luckily enouth only to have to duck dive a few small ones.  A set came and then I realized why I sould have listened to common sense, it wasn´t just huge it was massive and not just heavy but  insanely heavy, I guess that’s what barrels big enough for a bus look like.  I watched for 20 minutes in ahh, still kind of wondering what I was doing out there.  Trhen one came and I went for it, it was immediately apparent why a 7-10 was necessary on these kinds of waves, alas I wasn´t riding one, but not wanting to disappoi8nt my mother, let alone my own honor I didn´t pull off.  By the time I caught the wave the lip was just about to throw, I pushed my board out in front of me and wne for it, front foot landed perfectly butr my back foot landed behing , thas right, behind my tail pad, this is it I figured my board is toast, but some how I managed to stay on, I made the drip and millisecond later was riding along the face of the craziest wave id ever seen, it was amazing how easy it was one I was on the wave, it was glas and all I did was stand there, then the wave caught up to me and I realized there was no chance I would make the barrel so I turned out, an explosing of white water behind me sent me flying into the air. Arfter what was a much less sever pounding then I was prepared for I was back on my board, that was fine thank you, I think i´ll be going now.  Caught the next 10 foot high wall of white water, instantly I was inside the mess of crashing water and then… I was weightless, i´d hit a backwave and was airborn, my eyes were closed and I was sure my board would break when I landed but instead my landing was almost gentle, a moment later I was standing on the beach, that was for you Sue, haha.
            Enough of that shit it was Rachael´s birthday.  Went for a long walk and then into the fresh water knee deep pool attached to the restaurant we were staying in, Pina coladas in hand, real ones this time, or at least out of a bottle that said pina coladas.  Managed to down the whole bottle over a bowl of fresh guackamolie and chips and then it was onto a few beers and some fish cervechie, raw fish marinated in lime juice.  Busted out the real pressie, a silver ban ded fire opal rind wed found in salyulitas, Rachael loved it!  Shied picked it out herself so of course she did, but she pretended like she´d never seen it before so that was fun.  Ate fried chicken, refried beans, rice, salsa and fresh tortillas for out last course and we were stuffed.  O yah, speaking of eating I almost forgot, before our walk we had hundreds and thousands sandwhiches.  Definitely the craziest thing ever but they were good!!!  Its an Australian kids bday traditioin where you butter up some white bread and coat it with colored and or chocolate sprinkles.  Cut em into 4 triangles and your ready to go. 
Since her birthday we´ve had em again to finish up the butter and sprinkles.  haha

Tuesday sept 26
O yes, another short interlude about La Ticla´s mascot, a dog who´s well deserved name is kickstand.  We´d heard rumors about his existence even before seeing him for the first time and the friends who´d told us about him had first heard bout his existence in Australia.  Since making his acquntance  we´ve learned that there are actually stickers one can get with his photo on them.  He proudly stands a foot tall on three legs.  In now way is he your classic tripod dog as he still has his forth let but instead of just dangeling in palce it sticks straight behind him.  He has almost no hair left except a few scragglie patches and he is so skinny you can almost see through him.  It makes no logical sence why he just doesn´t keel over dead but he doesn´t.  I guess hes been around for a long time and maybe will continue to for ever.

Lots of love from Rachael and Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment